-->

Friday, March 24, 2017

Double review because I'm reading too fast.

I am reviewing two books today, due to having finished one at 5 to midnight last night and reading the second one this morning.

First book is:-

Step by Step by KC Wells 4*
BLURB: Jamie’s life is one big financial mess, and it really isn’t his fault. However, the last thing he expected to find in the library was a Good Samaritan. He might have been suspicious of Guy’s motives at first, but it soon becomes apparent that his savior is a good man who has been lucky in life and is looking to pay it forward. Guy being gay is not a problem. Jamie’s not interested… or so he thinks.
Guy is happy to help Jamie, and the two men get along fine. But when Jamie’s curiosity leads him from one thing to another, Guy finds himself looking at the young man with new eyes. What started out as a hand up is now something completely different….


My Review: I received a copy for reviewing purposes. I'm not usually a big fan of age difference romances when the gap is so wide but I liked the blurb so decided to give it a try. I am so glad that I did. I thoroughly enjoyed the slow build up of the relationship and the way they became friends first. Having been best friends with my husband I know it's a good basis for a stable relationship that lasts so it was good to see this in a romance book. I fell in love with both MCs and hope to see them make appearances in any book KC might write in this setting (*Cough* Cole *Cough*). If you like your romance with a slow burn and hot sex scenes with plenty of great secondary characters then this one is for you.

Second book is:-

Momo: My Everything by Posy Roberts 4*
BLURB: Brave the spotlight for the man he loves, or stay alone in the shadows…
William Harris is a reserved man, private and guarded. He has no one to go home to. He’s never found a man worth sticking around for. He’s never been in love. And he's convinced he's happy with his lone-wolf life.
Nate Kelly is William’s opposite, social and easy going. He comes into William’s life as the elegant geisha Momo. When William realizes Momo is a man in drag, he’s captivated.
From their first date, William’s world changes. Nate is nothing like his usual type. And William soon finds out being with this carefree man means always being on display and attracting attention, which makes him want to retreat. He tries to keep Nate at arm’s length, but it’s no use. Nate’s transformed his life in a matter of months and keeps drawing him back in.
If they stand a chance, William has to be comfortable standing next to someone so at home in the limelight. Their future together and William’s happiness depend on it. Is Nate the man finally worth giving up William's solitary existence? Is he worth sticking around for?
*Extensively reworked from the short story, The Measure of a Man.


My Review I received a copy for reviewing purposes I opened this book whilst eating breakfast intending to put it down once I was done eating. I actually put it down when I got to the last words of the story. It was so engrossing for me and I loved how William grew more at ease with his sexuality throughout the book. I liked that Nate was more flamboyant than William and yet was not an over the top character despite his drama loving persona. As with the previous book this one was a slow build up to a long term relationship and I loved it. This isn't a book for anyone who likes stories about Drag Queens or Crossdressers however as, although Nate does have a job impersonating a Geisha, it doesn't have a major impact on the bulk of the story.

So that's the two reviews done - now to go sort out yarn for my Bespoke Crochet 4 U stuff before I pick up another book to get distracted by :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.