-->

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Audiobook Review - Drop Team Zero by Jake Bible.

Drop Team Zero written by Jake Bible Narrated by Andrew B. Wehrlen 3*
BLURB: With the War treaty signed, the Galactic Fleet is now on permanent stand down. But a treaty doesn't mean an end to the violence, corruption, piracy, or tyranny in the galaxy. The Galactic Fleet's solution is a crack team of Special Ops Marines: Drop Team Zero.
Made up of the absolute fighting best from humans, alien races, hybrids, and even AI androids, Drop Team Zero is called on to handle the worst of the worst, missions that others would tag as pure suicide. But when Drop Team Zero arrives, the only threat of suicide is for the ones that stand in their way.


My Review: “I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.” This was an interesting story with plenty of action and some really freaky aliens. It kind of reminded me of the sci-fi comic books I used to read as a child (like Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon) all good guys will always win and all bad guys always lose. Luckily the author made his females more kick ass than they were back then and the bad guys didn't always lose making it a little bit more acceptable to me. The narrator did a great job keeping the fast paced action going without the listener losing track of who was speaking (which I hate when it happens). Unfortunately the whole thing ended with a lot of unanswered questions and a new mission on the boards so I was a little surprised when the words 'The End' were spoken. As most of my readers know I HATE cliffhangers and that one really threw me and I'm not sure if I'll get any more from this author in case all his books are like that. Maybe I'll try the next one when it comes out and be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't have a cliffhanger?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.