-->

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Reviewing Werewolf Whisperer by Camilla Ochlan & Bonita Gutierrez.


The Werewolf Whisperer (The Werewolf Whisperer #1) by 

Lucy Lowell, The Werewolf Whisperer, and her partner Xochitl MagaƱa are thrown into chaos when the Kyon Virus turns a disturbing number of Angelenos into werewolf-like creatures. As the outbreak expands to epidemic proportions, Lucy’s uncanny ability to control the creatures makes her “the silver lining in our werewolf apocalypse.” Battling their own personal demons born of family history and bad choices, the women join together in the pursuit of helping those afflicted. But all is not as it seems. Not for Lucy. Not for Xochitl. And not for a society just coming to grips with the new world order. 


My Review: At first I wasn't sure I would enjoy this book as it jumped from one timeline to another frequently. However it is such a page-turner of a story that it soon didn't matter to me as much as I'd feared. The talents of Camilla Ochlan & Bonita Gutierrez produce a story that includes intrigue, apocalyptic mayhem and strong characters. The friendship between the two quite disparate women makes for an interesting dynamic and the reader can't help but love the feisty Xochitl and the quieter Lucy.  Without giving too much away I will say that another of my trigger was nearly pulled when the ending was a minor cliffhanger and yet it was also a satisfying ending that was a little unexpected to me. I can't wait for these two talented ladies to turn up in book two, it will be such a rush to read more of their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.