-->

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Reviewing Born of Defiance by Sherilyn Kenyon

Born of Defiance (The League #9) by Sherilyn Kenyon 4*
BLURB: Born an Outcast, Talyn Batur has spent the whole of his life fighting against the prejudice of his people. An Andarion without a father is not something anyone wants to be.
But when his companion’s brother draws him into a plot against the Andarion crown, he finds himself torn between the loyalty to their planetary government that his mother has beaten into him and his own beliefs of justice and right.
Now, he must decide for himself to remain a pawn of their government or to defy everything and everyone he’s ever known to stand up to tyranny. It’s a gamble that will either save his life or end it. And when old enemies align with new ones, it’s more than just his own life at risk. And more than just his homeworld that will end should he fail.


My Review I really enjoy Sherrilyn's League series and looked forward to reading this one (I had it on pre order for months). So, because of other life stuff happening, I didn't actually open it until yesterday. That wouldn't have mattered if I hadn't done so quite late at night. Big Mistake as I ended up reading it in one sitting because it was so riveting and I was still up at 2 in the morning. I loved Taylin and felt so sorry for him and all that he had to endure even though I was expecting it to be like that*. But on with my opinion of the story. Well the bad guys were evil enough to make me want to spit and the heroine was truly feisty making me adore her almost as much as I did Taylin. the story itself actually runs alongside the earlier books in it's timeline and once I realised that I enjoyed it more. It was interesting seeing the same things happen from a different perspective, especially as they were mostly kept in the background of the story being told. I highly recommend this to any League fans or anyone who enjoys a dark action packed romance. Oh and a small note here: in my opinion if you are new to the league this one can be read as a stand alone to give you a taste of the beauty of Sherrilyn's writing.

*After all it's a trademark of Sherrilyn's that the heroes succeed even when the whole universe seems determined to stomp them into the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.