-->

Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Winter to get hot with.

Winter's Wolf (Tales of the Harker Pack #3) by Tara Lain 5*
BLURB: Winter Thane was raised on the two cardinal rules of werewolf existence: don’t reveal yourself to humans under penalty of death, and there’s no such thing as a gay werewolf. It’s no surprise when his father drags him from his wild life in remote Canada back to Connecticut to meet his old pack in hopes it will persuade Winter to abandon his love of sex with human males. Of course Dad’s hopes are dashed when they come face-to-face with the gay werewolves in the Harker pack.
Winter takes one look at FBI agent, Matt Partridge, and decides bird is his favorite food. Partridge is embroiled in an investigation into drug dealing and the death of a fellow agent. He can’t let himself get distracted by the young, platinum-haired beast, but then Winter proves invaluable in the search for clues, a move that winds them both up in chains and facing imminent death. Winter quickly learns his father’s motives are questionable, the pack alphas are a bunch of pussies, humans aren’t quite what they seem, and nothing in the forests of Connecticut is pure except love.


My Review: I hate the cold of the winter season but loved this Winter, who was really hot, and I wished the story were even longer so that I could get more of him (not that it was a short story really). Tara has produced another great werewolf story with twists and turns I never saw coming . She also kept the emotions on the boil with her characters, who were practically leaping off the pages to entertain the reader. I hope she writes more Harker Pack stories as I have fallen for all those wonderful Alphas and Alphantas and would love to revisit them. In the meantime I guess I'll stick to re-reading or re-listening to these first three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.